We are hiring for a fully remote Lead Security Engineer for a company based on the east coast. This role will work with clients gathering requirements as well as overseeing Security Engineers for a cryptography lab.
Lead Security Engineer
The Connected World team focuses on cyber security, software testing, and assurance services for network-enabled devices, such as computers, tablets, mobile devices, apps, software and wireless and connected products. The team provides services to help bring cutting-edge technology to market quickly with assurance of safety/security, quality, and performance.
We are a full-service security certification provider offering Consulting, Documentation Development and Laboratory Services designed to assist in certifying commercial products against regulatory cyber security standards, including, Common Criteria and FIPS 140. Our goal is to not only assist our clients in certifying their products, but to provide a seamless and cost-effective way while maintaining the integrity of the certification efforts. While adhering to industry standards, we work effectively and efficiently to maximize our clients’ Return on Investment.
The Lead Security Engineer will be a part of and lead a team of engineers to assess the compliance of devices against the Common Criteria. The Lead Security Engineer has mastery of the Common Criteria certification process. The Lead Security Engineer acts as the Point of Contact for customers and the government in support of Common Criteria certifications. The Lead Security Engineer regularly provides both individual and overall lab training and guidance. For this position, a solid understanding of foundational networking concepts (OSI model, TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.) is essential. Experience working with and an understanding of secure communications protocols (TLS, SSH, IPsec, MACsec, etc.) is of utmost importance. The Lead Security Engineer executes projects and provides operational oversight to other engineers in support of Common Criteria certifications.
- Conduct and lead Common Criteria evaluations against US NIAP approved protection profiles
- Perform all aspects of testing
- Develop all reports and required certification documentation
- Create all consulting documentation
- Review/comment submission-related output from other Engineers
- Project POC with government
- Technical POC with customers
- Lead customer Gap Analysis workshops
- Participate in external technical communities
- Lead internal training activities
- 3+ years of technical experience in Common Criteria or a related area
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) skills and analytical skills
- High proficiency with customer interactions
- High proficiency in testing security products
- High proficiency in understanding and solving technical problems
- High proficiency in applying standards to different types of technology
- Ability to understand and speak on technical and programmatic levels
- Advanced networking skills
- Proficiency using security related protocols and their usage (e.g., TLS, SSH, IPsec)
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
A career with us means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
- Total Years Experience 5-10