We are hiring for a full time, fully remote Security Engineer for a company based on the east coast. This role will report to the Lead Security Engineer for a cryptography lab. We do not require a clearance for this role.
The Connected World team focuses on cyber security, software testing, and assurance services for network-enabled devices, such as computers, tablets, mobile devices, apps, software and wireless and connected products. The team provides services to help bring cutting-edge technology to market quickly with assurance of safety/security, quality, and performance.
We are a full-service security certification provider offering Consulting, Documentation Development and Laboratory Services designed to assist in certifying commercial products against regulatory cyber security standards, including, Common Criteria and FIPS 140. Our goal is to not only assist our clients in certifying their products, but to provide a seamless and cost-effective way while maintaining the integrity of the certification efforts. While adhering to industry standards, we work effectively and efficiently to maximize our clients’ Return on Investment.
The Security Engineer II (Common Criteria) will be part of a team of engineers performing manual and automated testing across a wide variety of products against the Common Criteria security standard. In addition to testing the Security Engineer II (Common Criteria) will create required Common Criteria supporting documentation. The ideal candidate will have experience in product functional testing and will have an opportunity to rapidly gain experience with a wide spectrum of security products and technologies. Typical testing activities include,
- Functional requirements analysis against a variety of technologies, including, secureUI/administration, network protocol conformance, and digital certificate processing
- Test plan creation
- Product set-up
- Test execution and output collection
- Test report creation
- Perform all aspects of testing and other related work product required for Common Criteria certification with limited oversight
- Independently write reports documenting testing activities for consumption by customer and government
- Create Common Criteria required consulting documentation with limited oversight
- Participate in customer Gap Analysis workshops
- Interact with customers in a technical level with limited oversight
- Independently understand/solve technical problems in support of project execution
- 1+ years of technical experience in Common Criteria or a related area
- Experience in product functional testing and/or product functional test plan development
- Understanding of security related protocols and their usage (e.g., TLS, SSH, IPsec)
- Understanding of networking technology and computing systems
- Experience with configuration of networking equipment such as routers and switches
- Familiarity with Linux or other *NIX OS
- Strong communication (written/verbal) skills and analytical skills
- Experience with Cisco IOS and/or Juniper JUNOS OS, is a plus
Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, other related fields, or equivalent experience.
A career with us means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefits package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.